UNTO THEIR MAJESTIES
KING SIEGFRIED AND QUEEN ROSSWEISSE,
THE GRAND POPULACE OF THE MOST GLORIOUS KINGDOM OF UBERHEIM,
AND THE LOYAL SUBJECTS OF THE GRAND DUKEDOM OF CRONALLIS,
DO I, PRINCE SIR THOR, SEND GREETINGS:
On Saturday, September 22, all are invited to once again return to the lands where the Most Glorious Realm of Uberheim was born. Many of you who once trekked upon these lands will experience a cathartic epiphany while those more recent subjects will come to understand the genesis of that which we call 'The Spirit of Uberheim'.
In the evening we will journey to the Estate of MIME, (this is a change from the original schedule) whereupon we shall feast upon a simple fare to be followed by Their Majesty's Quarterly Great Court.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
11:00...Qualifications (Fire Pit)
11:30...Opening Court (Fire Pit) 12:00...Ranking Tourney (Fire Pit) 12:30...Maze Battle (Lurker's Woods)
2:00.....<March to the Enchanted Lands>
2:30.....Ragnarok Tourney (Vigard Proper)
3:00.....StellerX Memorial Tourney (Yddrasil)
4:00.....(Monty)Python Gauntlet (Valheim)
5:00.....Viscount of Antwerp Tourney (Well of Mimir)
6:00.....<Journey back to train station and proceed to the night site> 7:00.....Feast
9:00.....Great Court Mid......Close of event, breakdown, and clean up
NOTE: Their is a possibility of an afterlurk to follow at another location. Emails regarding such will be send as soon as we get confirmation.
REGARDING THE DAY'S ACTIVITIES: We will be on the move. Pack light. Bring what you can comfortably carry. A backpack is a good suggestion as is wearing proper footwear, such as hiking boots or sneakers. Ladies may opt to save their gowns for the evening and garb up in tunics, tabards, poet shirts, etc. Consider bug spray, sunblock, necessary medication, etc...you know what you need.
FIGHTERS: forget not your helm, neck protection, and gloves...some duct tape and zip ties wouldn't hurt either. All households should make attempts to bring marching banners as this will be a most glorious campaign upon our lands.
REGARDING THE FEAST: We will be offering the following simple, but sumptuous fare, consisting of.... 1) Salad and dressings 2) Bread, butter, and HONEY BUTTER 3) Baked Ziti (with meat) 4) Baked Ziti (without meat) 5) Various beverages We will provide plates, napkins, utensils, and cups.
The cost for this spread per person is FIVE DOLLARS. We are going to have ~20 to 30 slots available. First come first served. I will be excepting money at Wednesday's Senate meeting so either stop by and pay or send your money with any Senator who will be attending the meeting. Mime will also be taking feast money at the bar on Friday night. Those not partaking in the meal plan are welcome to bring their own food, however, their are no available means of heating food at the site, so plan accordingly.
REGARDING THE EVENING SITE:
1) BYO CHAIR: Sorry, their are none for use on the site. You really don't want to be sitting on the ground for the never ending duration of a Great Court.
2) Bring a cloak, blanket, etc, as it may get chilly.
3) BRING BANNERS and poles
4) It is highly suggested that you make attempts to bring a pavilion, canopy, dining fly, etc. We are going to set up the canopies to form a small 'court' for our court. Serves to shelter us in the event of rain.
6) If you need directions, either email Mime at KJ-JERRY@webtv.net or contact the King or caravan from the day site. Most of you have been their before so check with any Senator or house leader, 'cept me...I can get their, but I can't tell you how! :~)
7) The site is so wet you could sail a boat on it. If you drink, your keys WILL be confiscated, and you will stay the night or call a cab.
8) 10 p.m. is the approximate cut off time for Uber noise. After 10 revel with the volume down.
9) The scheduled feast has 20 slots and they wont last. All are welcome to bring or order food to be delivered, so long as the delivery is to the yard and not to the house.
10) We will be lurking all night till the next day, so Camping will lurk. Bring your tents. Their will be some space to crash inside so bring bedding either way. You are more likely to have a sound sleep outside then inside as activity abounds through the evening. BYO earplugs!
11) Enter the yard through the back entrance. If you enter the yard through the path next to the garage your shoes will receive an unhappy lurk as Mime's dog frequents this passage.
12) SITE FEE: WE HAVE RENTED A PORTACASTLE THUS WE NEED TO CHARGE A FIVE DOLLAR SITE FEE TO COVER IT. ANY EXTRA MONEY WILL GO TOWARDS THE REALM. 9) NO SMOKING INSIDE THE HOUSE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
13) Jerry's basement is open for lurkings. We will be running movies, video games, etc all night. Be extra quite while inside. Mime's mother is being UBER COOL about this event and afterlurk. Let's not make her regret it. When entering the house, do so from the front entrance, open door, head straight to immediate next door (being sure to always close doors behind you as noise and animals lurk) and head downstairs. The rest of the house is completely off limits.
14) I got dibs on the extra bed!
DIRECTIONS TO UBERHEIM PROPER: Take Sunrise Highway to Connetquot Avenue South. Cross over LIRR tracks and make immediate right turn into Train Station Parking Lot (the lot on the south side of the tracks). Park car, gather gear, and in an expeditious manner, cross over Connequot Ave. towards a clearing in the woods (as you cross the street the tracks will be on you left). Follow the trail for about one minute till you hear/see us. Many of you know how to get here and we will be having a runner checking the parking lot every thirty minutes to escort in people that know not how to enter to the site. We will be in this vicinity till 2 p.m. and then we March to the next location. After 2 a.m., you are on your own.
Finally...IN REGARDS TO CHILDREN: Unlike other events, this one is not very child friendly. The first part of the event is a minor hike through a variety of natural terrain that can prove troublesome for children. Also, any extraction can be difficult depending on one's location. The second part of the event is a rather LONG court. We are hard pressed to keep the adults from passing out, for many kids it can be excruciating, especially court business that is solemn and sacred and offering no overt entertainment value whatsoever. We leave the judgment of whether or not children should attend up to the parents, for you know your children best.
There it is! I hope to see all of you as we take to the lands where the spirit was born. Till then....
IN SERVICE TO THE SPIRIT, PRINCE SIR THOR, autocrat
PRINCESS MISTRESS SIF, asst autocrat
"Your Soul will have no rainbow, hath your eye never a tear"